What’s our deal:
We’re a private equity-backed mortgage originator that is improving the way consumers obtain residential mortgages across the U.S., originating more than $36B of residential mortgages. Our leadership team has more than 100 years of mortgage, sales/marketing, and consumer-related experience, committed to delivering a best-in-class experience for every borrower.
What you’ll do:
This position reports to the Director of Brand Strategy and works closely with Marketing, Creative, Operations, and Human Resources. The overall responsibility of this role is to lead and oversee all internal and external communications.
● Develop and manage internal communication platforms that support the company’s initiatives.
● Update and create content via the intranet and other internal sources (e.g., Slack, TV monitors, newsletters, emails, etc.).
● Work with public relation partners in executing external company announcements.
● Maintain employee recognition initiatives (e.g. sharing of reviews).
● Keep a pulse on employee satisfaction via internal online surveys.
● Monitor all review and hiring sites.
● Help develop internal onboarding materials that demonstrate the company’s values and culture.
● Facilitate in planning company town halls (e.g., logistics, agendas, executive scripts).
● Support Marketing with internal launch initiatives.
● Lead partnership outreach for volunteer opportunities and employee perks.
● Continue to create new ways to innovate and inspire employees.
● Measure and present results of communication efforts.
What’s your deal:
● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in journalism, marketing, public relations, or communications and 3+ years in a related role.
● Willingness to engage one-on-one with employees.
● Proven record of drive and initiative with outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to work closely with other departments and all levels of discipline, public speaking, excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills, and open to creating new communication strategies, (especially leveraging digital and video).
● Experience in the mortgage industry is preferred.
What you’ll love:
● Flexible office hours and wfh flexibility — we only ask for 2 days/week in office.
● Building a brand together from the ground up!
● Yes we’re a mortgage company but also yes, you can wear jeans and t-shirts to work. What you might not love:
● We’re right by O’Hare — convenient if you need to escape quickly but yeah. Corporate park. (Remember, though, only 2 days a week). But there’s this freakishly odd middle-of-nowhere square with artificial turf, a bandstand, a few pretty decent bars, and an indoor skydive facility.
● The fact that there’s no second bullet point here.
Some of the perks:
We offer a great compensation package and benefits package to support you inside and outside of work when joining our team. Some of these benefits include a paid vacation policy, 401K, medical, dental, vision, company paid Life/AD&D, short term disability, and long term disability, and free covered parking.
A little more about us:
Interfirst Mortgage Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. You will be considered for this position based upon your experience and education, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, ethnicity, national origin, age, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital or parental status, disabled, military or veteran status, or any other basis or reason prohibited by any applicable law. We are committed to creating and maintaining a workforce environment that is free from any form of discriminations or harassment.