Website Member Home Loan, LLC
MHL is a full-service mortgage company and broker.
The Compliance Manager will complete audits of new and existing loans to ensure the integrity of loan documentation, quality of underwriting, regulatory compliance, and adherence to company policy. This position must remain current with all regulatory, investors, and company lending guidelines and will perform on-site regulatory compliance review audits of mortgage lending and mortgage servicing.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Training & Marketing:
- Assist with training of staff as needed and review regularly review training material for adherence to compliance regulations.
- Write articles as needed for MHL’s newsletters, as well as CUs newsletters.
Creating and Maintaining Policies & Procedures:
- Review company policies and procedures for completeness and compliance.
- Review all real estate advertisements for compliance and review marketing materials including websites and bios.
- Review procedures and letters for Servicing Transfers.
- Adjusting loan programs based on market, regulatory or CU changes.
- Proactively create informative memos to be sent to CU partners notifying them of any upcoming legislative changes and MHL’s response to these changes
Compliance, Auditing & Reporting:
- Test escrow calculations, review PMI calculations, and track for both.
- Test Fair Credit Reporting Act procedures for compliance and accuracy as pertains to Real Estate Loans.
- Review forms and disclosures for real estate loans for accuracy and compliance.
- Periodic review of disclosures, ARMS, and applications
- Review payments for loans retained in the portfolio for proper crediting according to the regulatory requirements.
- Conduct or assist with Fair Lending Reviews on real estate loans.
- Calculate figures and amounts, such as discounts, interest, APR, commissions, proportions, and percentages such as debt to income ratios to ensure MHL stays in compliance.
- Review sampling of real estate loans monthly for regulatory compliance.
- Complete regulatory reporting.
- Review sampling of Adverse Action for all real estate secured loans monthly.
- Review systems for compliance and correct codes, document control, and/or stated parameters.
- Prepare reports of reviews, including repeat violations for submission to Senior Management and Board of Director and applicable Audit Committee. Track responses,
review sampling of HMDA-LAR data in conjunction with loan review.
Licensing & Insurance:
- Maintain state licensing.
- Work with EVP on maintaining the proper insurance for the company, as well as manage HEAT cases and ongoing risk management.
- 3rd party vendor review and management for new vendors.
- Must have a minimum of 10 years of active experience in the mortgage industry and/or comparable experience or education, as well as experience managing LOS.
- Well-versed and strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Solid computer (MS 360: Point, Outlook, Excel, and Word), organization, follow-up & communication skills are required.
- Strong personal initiative, accountability, and desire to succeed are a must!
- Professionalism, as well as the ability to communicate thoroughly, is required.
- Experience using Encompass is preferred.
- Perform related duties as required.
- Excellent communication skills and proven effectiveness in working with loan originators and loan applicants.
- Ability to resolve questions and problems with the supervisor, work effectively with a wide range of personalities and manage workflow to meet deadlines.
- Ability to input data accurately and efficiently into computer software systems.
- Ability to work under the stress of maintaining the proper liaison between CU staff, MHL employees, Managers, attorneys, and vendors to facilitate loan transactions in compliance with all policies, procedures, and legal and ethical guidelines.
- Ability to exchange information and to report facts, details, and technical information clearly, concisely, and in a timely manner.
- Ability to comprehend the consequences of various problem situations and to refer them to the appropriate people for resolution.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide accurately all units of measure, to perform these four operations with like or common decimal fractions, to compute rates and percentages and to perform arithmetic operations involving all American monetary units with a calculator.
- Ability to work in a professional manner.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately.
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally, and in writing.
- Working knowledge and experience with computers utilizing Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Ability to set goals, manage time, adjust to change, and maintain priorities.