Nestfuel is a fintech with the aim to enable access to the best home that everyone can practically afford, bringing home ownership within easier reach for all Americans.
Experienced mortgage professional to manage California business for Nestfuel, a mortgage lender. Act as Qualified Individual representing company for our state license application, reporting to CEO.
Nestfuel is looking for a Head of California Lending who is prepared to make a difference in the lives of customers looking to buy or refinance their home. The individual will be responsible for all residential mortgages business with responsibility to supervise and review the activities of the California office and staff. This person will be accountable and responsible for the overall business, including adhering to federal and state legislation and the actions of Nestfuel within California.
The primary function of the Head of California is to supervise and manage all activities carried out in state. This includes supervision of all staff and all mortgage activity carried out by Nestfuel.
Principal Duties – as Head of California you will:
- Manage application for California lending license in partnership with Nestfuel senior leadership team, dealing with regulator query and timelines.
- Establish and embed sound principles and practises conforming to Nestfuel business strategy and within regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Chair and/or membership of internal senior committees covering front to back Nestfuel activities.
- Build out successful lending platform managed effectively within risk appetite and meeting required return on investment, including product design, loan management, and exit.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Must have or had previously an active state NMLS license (preferably in CA).
- Must have minimum 5 years experience in mortgage industry in California at senior management level.
- Must have established network of contacts in the industry across investors, vendors, warehouse lenders, capital markets participants.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have demonstrated success in start-up roles or scaling up business.
- High-school diploma or GED and a minimum.
- Strong PC skills, including Power Point, Excel, Word and Lotus Notes.
- Solid knowledge of state and local real estate markets.
While this description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position’s requirements, it in no way implies/states that these are the only job responsibilities. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and request other duties, as necessary.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees’ differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status.