Full Job Description
Nestfuel is a fintech with the aim to enable access to the best home that everyone can practically afford, bringing home ownership within easier reach for all Americans.
Senior Compliance Officer – leads the compliance team, assesses the firm’s compliance, regulatory and reputational risk; monitors for compliance with new or amended laws, rules and regulations; designs and implements controls, policies, procedures and training; conducts independent testing; investigates, surveils and monitors for compliance risks and breaches; and leads the firm’s responses to regulatory examinations, audits and inquiries
The primary function of the SCO is to manage and oversee the compliance functions for Nestfuel and build out successful team. Individual will serve as Compliance resource for the building of new products and maintenance of all lending and products, including conducting regulatory research as necessary, drafting disclaimers and disclosures, conducting testing, reviewing application flows and product processes
- Drive corrective action process across all lending products, including collaborating across business units to resolve and document issues
- Serve as the primary point of contact for regulatory examinations and inquiries, external audits, and third party diligence requests
- Develop compliance risk assessments to address legal and regulatory risks for associated compliance programs
- Maintain the company’s Compliance Management System, including oversight of the following areas: policies and procedures; training; monitoring and testing; complaints; regulatory change management; vendor management; reporting; and Fair Lending
- 10+ years of relevant experience at a bank, credit union, nonbank lender, and/or regulatory agency
- 5+ years experience leading and building teams
- Strong knowledge of state lending, BSA/AML, privacy and payments laws
- Strong operational abilities with an eye for optimizing and improving procedures
- Strong knowledge of control frameworks and the ability to design and evaluate effectiveness of controls embedded within business processes
- Ability to work cross-functionally with ease
- Exceptional communication skills, from novice to expert audiences and explanatory to advocacy circumstances
- Exceptional judgment and integrity
While this description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position’s requirements, it in no way implies/states that these are the only job responsibilities. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and request other duties, as necessary.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees’ differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status.