Full Job Description
Nestfuel is a fintech with the aim to enable access to the best home that everyone can practically afford, bringing home ownership within easier reach for all Americans.
Senior Mortgage Loan Officer to manage lending activities, reporting to CSO. Nestfuel is looking for a Mortgage Consultant who is prepared to make a difference in the lives of customers looking to buy or refinance their home. The individual will be responsible for all residential mortgages business by talking to qualified, live inbound calls from company generated marketing leads. They will be responsible for discussing client’s needs, recommending the best loan products, helping customers put together a complete loan package and working with the underwriting /processing team throughout the loan process.
The primary function of the Loan officer is to sell loan products offered by Nestfuel. Contact prospective clients to develop and maintain referral sources. Meet with prospective clients at outside locations such as a client’s home. Make in-person calls on real estate agents, financial advisors and other potential referral sources to develop borrower leads.
Principal Duties – as Senior MLO you will:
- Utilize and develop a network of resources for mortgage loan business development and solicitation for new business.
- Build rapport and leverages customer relationships with existing and potential borrowers with the goal of meeting customer needs and exceeding their expectations.
- Analyze customers’ financial situations and provide the appropriate solution by advising customers as to the appropriate loan product for them.
- Excel in a fast-paced environment with the ability to multitask and follow up with multiple customer and work on multiple files each day.
- Lock loans at point of sale, request initial documents from the customer, and submit an initial, paperless loan package to production staff.
- Review active loan files each day to determine if any documents are missing or what can be done to help the process along.
- Structure and price loans accurately.
- Ensure Complete Customer satisfaction.
- Operate as the key Point of contact during the process responsibilities including updating status, reviewing disclosures, presenting any counter offers and going over closing statement prior to closing.
- Maintain compliance with company policies, and all state and federal regulations
Education and Experience Requirements
- Must have an active state NMLS license in CA and/or CO.
- High-school diploma or GED and a minimum.
- 5-year loan origination experience.
- Advanced knowledge of mortgage originations; including product, underwriting, investor and compliance guidelines.
- Strong PC skills, including Power Point, Excel, Word and Lotus Notes.
- Solid knowledge of state and local real estate markets.
- Management experience in real estate lending
While this description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position’s requirements, it in no way implies/states that these are the only job responsibilities. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and request other duties, as necessary.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees’ differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status.