Extensive administrative work primarily involved in closing of residential loans according to underwriter guidelines. Contacts are with members, Realtors and Lenders. Must have the ability to provide significant service to all contacts and have ability to demonstrate thorough knowledge of the loan closing procedures. Title Closers receive minimal supervision in the performance of duties and responsibilities.
Education: High school diploma or equiv.
Experience: Jr Level 2+ years in a similar role in the title industry; Sr Level 5+ years title closing.
Licenses/Certifications: Title- MN Insurance Producer, WI Insurance Producer, MN closing License, Notary Public Commission.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
• Prepare documents, settlement statements, and conduct the closing transactions for refinancing, purchases and sales.
• Produce checks for disbursement and balance the escrow account.
• Post-closing duties that include: packaging and sending documents back to the Lender; recording pertinent documents and clearing recording rejects.
• Clear title defects and be available as a resource for closing assistants.
• Application of Real Estate title standards and practices.
• Open and update closing files as necessary for agents and/or Lenders.
• Abstracting documentation from MN & WI Counties.
• Achieve full compliance for all Underwriting requirements as requested.
Senior Level (all above plus)
• Provide leadership in the daily business operations of Servion Title and be available as a resource for closing assistants and closers when clearing title defects, answering questions from customers and lenders and a knowledge based resource for title products, as well as leading by example.
• Prepare final policies and perform functions so premiums are ready to remit to underwriting title company.
• Review files for accuracy and completeness of information which includes commitments, final policies, closing packages, post-closing and recording.
• Perform closing each month including sales, purchases and refinances.
• Ensure that customers with inquiries and information requests are handled efficiently relating to title products and services offered.
• Assist the Director of Residential Title in marketing efforts for purpose of business development as the Director sees fit.
• Attend seminars related to the title insurance industry to assist in personal growth within the industry and with the company.
• Prepare required reports as necessary for management.
OTHER DUTIES, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
• Ability to input data accurately and efficiently into computer software systems.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office.
• Ability to work under the stress of meeting examination deadlines while ensuring compliance with all policies, procedures and legal and ethical guidelines.
• Ability to exchange information and to report facts and technical information clearly and concisely.
• Ability to attend accurately to many details in a timely manner.
• Ability to prioritize competing tasks and work independently.
• Confidentiality and protection of non-public information maintained.
• Must work the days and hours necessary to perform all assigned responsibilities and tasks. Must be available to communicate with employees, customers, managers and any other person or organization with whom interaction is required to accomplish work and company goals.
• Must maintain courteous, professional and effective working relationships with employees at all levels of the organization, customers, vendors and/or any other representatives of
• Communicate information and state problems or challenges to be resolved in a clear, concise, courteous, nondiscriminatory and professional manner, and be able to provide clarification if necessary.
• Must be capable of adapting, with minimal or no advance notice, to changes in how business is conducted and work is accomplished, with no diminishment in work performance.
• Actively participate in quarterly performance meetings; meet or exceed all performance metrics.