Secondary Market Analyst
Website Wright Patt Credit Union/myCUmortgage
Partnering with Credit Unions who want Mortgage Excellence
myCUmortgage is hiring a Secondary Market Analyst. If you don’t already know who we are, read on!
With competitive mortgage loan products, flexible services, and a collaborative spirit it’s in our character to see Credit Unions succeed in the Mortgage Market.
The Secondary Market Analyst (SMA) is the expert responsible for coordinating all interest rate risk management activities for myCUmortgage in accordance with Board-approved practices and procedures, all while adhering to investor requirements.
1) Coordinates the day-to-day secondary market risk management operations, including the establishment of mortgage loan pricing, the effective use of hedging techniques and tools, trading activities and liquidity management. Provides expert guidance through daily monitoring and analysis of the mortgage pipeline financial position, ensuring it is within established risk tolerances and conducting necessary activities to adjust the position. Ensures proper policies, procedures, risk mitigation activities, and operating controls are followed. Reports gaps in policies, procedures, and operating controls to leadership to ensure member impact and risk is mitigated. (50%)
2) Builds and issues routine (daily, weekly, monthly, YTD) secondary market reports and updates to management concerning pricing strategies and analysis, mortgage pipeline risk parameters, the status of pipeline loans to be sold, outstanding commitments/trades and sales activities, liquidity position and progress toward financial goals and objectives. (20%)
3) Monitors mortgage markets, capital markets and competitive activities for interest rate trends. Issues tactical recommendations to management on interest rate setting levels to achieve desired financial objectives. (10%)
4) Participates in the planning, development and implementation of new products and services, including establishing new pricing. (10%)
5) Manages the liquidity position in order to determine the warehouse position of the CUSO. . (5%)
6) Maintains productive investor relationships (including Fannie Mae, Ginnie Mae, Freddie Mac and others) and participates in master agreement negotiations to set mortgage pricing and risk management parameters. (5%)