To participate in the management of the Warehouse Lending Group (WLG) Division of Fidelity Bank in all aspects including: managing relationships with mortgage banking clients; managing day to day operations; monitoring and mitigating risks of the program; managing personnel; preparation and presentation of new credits to the Bankâ€™s loan committee, and developing business opportunities with new and existing clients.
WLG is the mortgage warehouse loan operation in our Houston loan production office.Â This position reports to the VP Warehouse Lending Group and there will be opportunity for advancement.
1. Manage day to day operations of WLG including receiving and approving loan packages pursuant to our risk management policies, funding loans, settling loan payoffs, and daily balancing of general ledger accounts.
2. Monitoring and managing risk in each loan file, and in the portfolio, as measured by turn times, documentation exceptions, etc.
3. Day to day management of mortgage originator relationships providing effective and timely customer service as well as monitoring and communicating with clients, bank staff, and senior management regarding issues or problems
4. Monitor and manage profitability by relationship
5. Prepare daily and monthly production reports; prepare loan committee reports; assist in presenting reports
6. Assist in development of marketing strategies to cultivate new business
7. Ongoing evaluation of risks both within the program and the industry as it relates to regulations, products, interest rates, and national and economic conditions.
8. Supervise staff.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. Working knowledge of all areas of mortgage banking with significant experience in secondary market management, and mortgage compliance regulations.
2. Demonstrated ability to manage, motivate, and train staff
3. Excellent written and verbal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
4. Experience in financial and/or accounting roles
5. Has ability to organize and prioritize tasks and work on multiple projects at the same time.
6. Advanced use of Microsoft Word and Excel, email, and general office computing
7. Projects a professional, positive, and courteous image to clients and employees.
8. Ability and desire to learn new things
9. Ability to work in a team atmosphere
10. Strong understanding of financial principles
1. Undergraduate or Graduate degree in business, finance, or accounting
2. Five to ten years of experience in the mortgage and/or banking industry with proven supervisory experience