Point takes the biggest single asset that most folks have in their lifetime – the home – and makes it liquid, divisible and tradable. Point’s first product lets homeowners sell equity in their homes with no monthly payments. Point’s investors include Andreessen Horowitz, Ribbit Capital, and Vikram Pandit.
We are looking for an innovative Head of Credit and Underwriting to lead our analysis of homeowners and the properties we invest in.
WHO YOU ARE
You are a creative, data-driven underwriting leader who has deep expertise in both consumer and property risk analysis. You collaborate effectively with your peers in capital markets, product, and marketing. You’re ready to take ownership of the overall credit, underwriting and compliance functions behind a complex, growing product.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
You will lead the efforts to build our credit operations infrastructure (application processing, underwriting, closing). Your key work will be to build and lead the underwriting team, develop our underwriting guidelines and credit exception policies, and play a lead role in pricing. You will also support capital raising initiatives including attending investor meetings and contributing to the preparation of related presentations and materials.
YOU SHOULD HAVE
● 10+ years of mortgage and home equity underwriting experience, including management experience
● Strong credit mindset. Preferred candidates will have had held the title Chief Credit Officer / Head of
Credit / VP Credit Operations and ideally had experience with alternative lending
● Deep knowledge of property appraisal processes, risks and shortcomings – you’re as strong evaluating
properties as you are evaluating homeowners
● Deep understanding of compliance –- whether it’s HOEPA, TILA/RESPA, or GSE guidelines and controls
● Expertise in income and asset evaluation, including for small business owners and real estate investors
● Extensive knowledge of common credit and asset underwriting standards and pitfalls
● Familiarity with innovations in underwriting, both from big banks and scrappy fintech lenders
● An obsessive attention to detail; you love scaling process and consistency for a growing business
● As much comfort ensconced in leading a credit review meeting, as analyzing standards, as giving a presentation or leading a brainstorming session
To apply, email: email@example.com