The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for day to day administration of general employment, employee relations, compensation, training, terminations and off boarding. The Human Resources Generalist works directly with management and assists the HR Manager with the development and implementation of HR initiatives and special projects. The successful candidate must have a strong attention to detail, be able to multi-task and have experience working with mortgage loan origination compensation.
Essential Job Functions:
Specific tasks will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Keep the HRIS and files up-to-date for all employees/ex-employees with all status/compensation changes including: new hires, job transfers/reclassifications, promotions/demotions, full-time/part-time employment changes, and terminations/separations.
- Answer employee questions regarding recruiting, benefits, compensation, training, and employee relations.
- Conduct exit interviews, analyze data and make recommendations to the management team for corrective action and continuous improvement.
- Review complex employee relation cases with Human Resources Manager.
- Coach, counsel and guide managers on proper execution of employee disciplinary actions.
- Participate in the management of compensation functions, including but not limited to, requests for salary increases, bonuses, incentives, incoming branches; create compensation and status change notices, manage the branch compensation spreadsheet, and other compensation related projects and activities.
- Maintain a working knowledge of mortgage loan origination compensation.
- Create custom mortgage loan origination incentive plans within compliance.
- Collect and present information to defend/support unemployment/Workers Compensation hearings.
- Oversee creation and maintenance of trainings for learning management system: Digital Chalk.
- Train and mentor the Human Resources Assistant and/or Receptionist as needed.
- Assist with delivery and preparation of new hire orientations and Branch Manager trainings.
- Create and update job descriptions.
- Oversee the employee termination process, including but not limited to termination of accesses, and preparing and sending separation/termination documents.
- Review the HR portion of the AP monthly invoices.
- Run reports from UltiPro as needed.
- Ensure the HR Documents on the Intranet are up to date.
- Draft communication materials for company-wide distribution.
- Create surveys and collect and analyze data in Survey Monkey Surveys.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
- Effectively communicate, work with, and build relationships with all levels of constituents including culturally and linguistically diverse staff members and external candidates and/or vendors, while operating in a fast-paced customer service driven environment.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
Required Job Functions:
- Specific tasks will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist with day to day HR department functions and projects as needed.
- Assist with corporate and charity events.
- Assist with interviewing candidates at the corporate office and providing professional feedback to hiring manager.
- Participate in HR and management meetings as necessary.
- Assist with employee trainings.
- Assist with answering applicable HR questions.
- This position may require occasional travel.
- This position may supervise up to two employees.
- Additional tasks as assigned