Founded in 2008, New Penn Financial has become a leading nationwide lender by bringing together expertise, exceptional customer service, and extremely competitive rates on a broad offering of mortgage products (including Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, Ginnie Mae, HUD, FHA, VA, USDA, and our portfolio products). New Penn is licensed in 48 states plus the District of Columbia.
The Loan Officer/Mortgage Specialist is regularly engaged in outside sales activities to originate mortgage loans from self-generated leads.
New Penn Financial has become a leading nationwide mortgage lender because we have the expertise, the product solutions and competitive pricing talented individuals expect. We maintain a favorable reputation because we deliver exceptional customer service to our borrowers and clients. Founded in just 2008 as a start-up, we have grown to over 1,800 employees nationwide with over 140 branches, licensed in 48 states. We have earned the recognition of Inc. Magazine’s 500/5000 Lists of Fastest Growing Private Companies, hold a position on Mortgage Executive Magazine’s list of 50 Best Companies to Work For, and regularly appear on the Scotsman Guide list of top lenders, to name a few.
- Sells loan products offered by New Penn Financial, LLC
- Contacts prospective clients to develop and maintain referral sources
- Meets with prospective clients at outside locations such as a client’s home
- Makes in-person calls on real estate agents, financial advisors and other potential referral sources to develop borrower leads
- Engages in marketing and promotional activities in support of your own sales.
- Meets monthly minimum personal production goals (3 units)
- Takes mortgage loan applications and prepares effective loan proposals:
- Determines a consumer’s needs and offer the appropriate product
- Originates loans for appropriate amounts, rates, and terms that comply with NPF’s program guidelines
- Provides consumers with a superior level of customer service:
- Quickly and accurately answers all customer inquiries in a professional manner
- Obtains all information deemed necessary to process loan requests in a timely manner, including but not limited to credit reports, income verification, appraisals, lien searches, etc.
- Analyzes the information and provides insight where appropriate
- Provides assistance to applicants and solves all problems that may arise between application and settlement
- Stays informed of developing trends in the mortgage industry
- Attends/assists with scheduled meetings, training sessions and courses
- Maintains compliance with all industry-specific federal and state licensed activity requirements and New Penn Financial’s Code of Conduct
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Two (2) year college degree preferred (or equivalent experience)
- Minimum successful three (3) years mortgage loan origination experience
- Must qualify for and obtain state licensure in the states where New Penn Financial does business; mortgage licensure requires a good credit score, no tax liens and a clean criminal background check
- Proven sales skills and leadership abilities
KNOWLEDGE,SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to quickly connect with people in an outgoing, friendly manner
- Persuasive, selling communication skills
- Strong sense of responsibility for completing work quickly and accurately
- Ability to handle faster-than-average pace of activities
- Detail-orientation with efficient focus on work activities
- Careful decision-making skill with ability to avoid mistakes
- Ability to delegate in a positive style with thorough follow up skills
- Excellent oral, written, listening, and organizational skills
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to work independently
New Penn Financial, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Equal Opportunity Lender.
Visa sponsorship not available for position.