Performs a wide variety of service and operational duties in support of residential, commercial and consumer loan operations. Delivers accurate and reliable data entry services, resolves issues and provides a superior level of internal and external customer support. Provides outstanding customer service efficiently, effectively and in conformance with Investor, State and Federal regulatory guidelines.
Candidates will need to be able to float between our Loan Operations locations in Yarmouth, MA and Orleans, MA.
- Performs multiple loan operations activities including preparing and booking new loans, mortgages, and consumer loans, processing mortgage payments and payoffs, ACH and exception payment handling, escrowing real estate tax, insurance monitoring, loan maintenance, rate reviews, service audits, prepares credit references, prepares and issues mortgage discharges, researches real estate documentation for partial releases and prepares construction advances.
- Reviews and audits new loan set up data to ensure the accuracy of each loan entered on the loan system.
- Responsible for daily, monthly and bi-monthly investor reporting and remitting consisting of very large dollar amounts.
- Responsible for timely reconciliations and balancing of departmental G/L and DDA accounts.
- Daily loan control balancing, Master Card and Visa machine balancing, unapplied payments, exception processing and rejected payments.
- Monitors and responsible for accurate, complete loan retention following bank and investor guidelines.
- Delivers superior level of internal and external customer service by responding to customer inquiries, resolving complex problems and researching loan issues in a timely manner. Escalates more complex problems to Loan Operations Coordinator or Manager.
- Provides frequent and daily customer service support to the branch network, local municipalities, insurance, flood and property tax vendors.
- Performs electronic storage functions of active and paid loan documentation.
- Ensure departmental compliance with all State, Federal and investor requirements.
- Coordinates loan documentation for internal and external audits, examinations and semi-annual commercial risk reviews.
- Is fluently knowledgeable of all loan products, programs and investor requirements.
- Implements all Audit and Compliance changes as required by new or amended regulations.
- Work closely with compliance teams.
- Update department procedures and disaster recovery plan as required.
- Banking or financial services experiences preferred, preferable in a loan servicing/support environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Requires the ability to handle frequent communication with internal and external customers.
- Excellent data entry and computer skills, including Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel)
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information.
- Ability to produce large volumes of accurate work within defined time guidelines.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks while paying attention to financial and administrative details.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be able to float among all areas and locations of Loan Operations.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.