Monitors and supervises a Residential, Consumer and/or Commercial Loan Operations Servicing Team with direct reports. Performs a wide variety of loan operations functions while providing effective customer service in conformance with established policies and procedures. Directs daily department operations including a variety of complex loan servicing and operations activities that require oversight and resolution of issues affecting commercial, consumer, and residential loan servicing and products. Provides support and guidance to team members and the department manager. Ensures team objectives are accomplished and that compliance with regulations is maintained.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / RESPONSIBILITIES:
Loan Servicing Operations Assistant Manager
- Supervises the daily workflow of Residential, Consumer, and Commercial Loan Servicing and Operations Departments of the Bank.
- Supervises a team responsible for performing some or all of the following tasks: new loan boarding to core system, post-closing document audit, investor remittance, loan maintenance, loan servicing, real estate tax and insurance escrow set-up, loan payment processing, collateral record keeping, participation loan set-up, construction loans servicing, teller servicing, quality control and audit functions, report writing, paid loan disposition, and accurate document retention.
- Continuously assesses and evaluates servicing systems, technologies, and procedural requirements for the loan servicing areas. Makes recommendations to improve/increase operational efficiency, workflow, processes and procedures, and implements same.
- Acts as point person for the department manager
- Provides support role for the annual core enhancement release weekend
- Ensures timely balancing and reconciliation of department accounts
- Provides support role for the department’s year-end processing event.
- Creates, monitors, and follows up on open core cases; tests, validates, and effects solutions as necessary.
- Prepares for internal and external examinations
- Prepares management reports
- Performs additional duties as required.
- Provides supportive role with leadership, coaching, mentoring, and training of staff as needed to team of non-exempt employees
- Performs non-exempt employee appraisal reviews and job evaluations
- Monitors daily, monthly, quarterly, and exception reports
- Participates on special projects as assigned
- Ensures team members receive proper training in their job positions and activities
- Ensures department compliance with all State, Federal and investor requirements.
- Monitors loan operations team performance to insure compliance with all Bank policies and procedures.
- Provides supportive role to resolve compliance issues; recommends changes to processes to meet requirements.
- Provides supportive role to implement all audit and compliance changes as required by new or amended regulations.
- Monitors and updates the department disaster recovery plan as required.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in loan servicing operations, with a minimum 3 years in a supervisory capacity, preferably in a lending/banking or financial services environment.
- Investor servicing experience.
- Ability to initiate, develops, and implements projects and procedures for Loan Operation’s use.
- Advanced knowledge of lending procedures and regulations in residential mortgage, consumer loans, and commercial loans.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks while maintaining strong attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills (written and oral).
- Excellent customer services skills with ability to identify and resolve customer issues.
- Time management skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to develop and implement goals and objectives.
- Microsoft Office Suite experience required.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.