MORTGAGE LOAN OFFICER
Are you ready to improve the quality of your life? Do you want a rewarding mortgage career and a personal life too? Is so, ASI Federal Credit Union is growing and is now looking for experienced and dedicated Mortgage Loan Officers. Our unique culture offers the right balance of high performance and work-life balance.
Why join the ASI FCU family?
- Institution provided leads from our over 56,000 credit union members
- Access to a wide array of conventional and government products, as well innovative credit union portfolio products and programs
- A competitive, performance based compensation plan that includes: salary, unlimited commissions, 401(k) Plan; Medical, Life, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Comprehensive credit union sponsored marketing support
- Flexible hours/scheduling
- Opportunities to influence the design of new products and services
As a Mortgage Loan Officer, your Tasks and Responsibilities will include…
- Originate mortgage loans by establishing member relationships, maintaining referral partners, and marketing to potential new sources.
- Insure that all origination activities are in full compliance with state and federal lending laws.
- Take pride in working for ASI FCU and be a positive ambassador for the credit union in all communications and actions.
- Take full and accurate loan applications.
- Disclose properly and on time.
- Work closely with members, processors and underwriters to expedite the loan approval and closing process.
- Communicate clearly and frequently with the members and related third parties involved in the transaction.
- Attend required meetings and trainings.
- Continually market to individual database.
- Strive to establish new referral relationships each month.
- Complete regular continuing education requirements.
- Set proper expectations with clients and referral partners.
As a Mortgage Loan Officer, you will have the following competencies…
- In depth knowledge of residential loan products, programs, and guidelines.
- Complete 1003 mortgage loan applications and build complete loan files for submission to processing.
- Ability to run files through the proper AUS system depending on loan product.
- Read and understand credit reports and how they relate to qualification.
- Analyze applications and supporting documentation, and then determine the appropriate loan product and type.
- Talent for proper communication and setting appropriate expectation levels with clients and third parties.
- Excellent customer/interpersonal service skills and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work in a time-sensitive work environment to ensure strict time restrictions are met.
- Work in an organized, accurate, thorough, and timely manner.
- Five years or more of recent experience originating mortgages
- Possess active realtor referral sources
- Calyx LOS experience
- Bilingual in Spanish and English
- Possess active Mortgage Loan Originator license (NMLS) with no negative entries
- High School Diploma or GED
- Demonstrated ability to work responsibly with a high degree of autonomy and accountability
- A high level of interpersonal skills
- Financial analytical ability
- Honesty along with high ethical standards
It’s time now to find a home for your mortgage career. It’s time to make a good living and have the time you want for your family. Apply right now so that you can be considered for one of these exciting ground floor opportunities and bring balance back to your life.