Apply directly here http://bit.ly/TSGJobs
The Mortgage Operations Trainer will develop and lead internal training to existing and future employees on topics and procedures such as quality control auditing, mortgage processing and closing functions.
Essential Job Functions:
- Design, develop, deliver, track attendance, and evaluate company training programs – classes, outside training vendors, and computer/web-based training applications.
- Design, develop, and distribute training materials such as training manuals, job aids, slides, and electronic training videos in support of the various departments.
- Maintain and update training calendar in conjunction with managers.
- Coordinate production, assembly, and distribution of company training manuals, videos, and other materials as needed with assistance from internal staff and working with vendors/suppliers.
- Revise and update existing training manuals, curriculum, and other training materials.
- Research training programs and vendors to offer training options to meet identified training needs.
- Prepare correspondence and training programs as needed in response to State licensing and regulatory offices correspondence and legal requirements.
- Monitor and measure effectiveness of all training, which may include sitting in on sales calls to monitor, review and coach employees on best practices.
- Review library reference materials, and course work; and developing in-house subject matter certification programs, rewards, and recognition.
- Collaborate and coordinate activities with subject matter experts to deliver training modules.
- Utilize a variety of training methodologies, techniques, concepts, learning tools, and practices to ensure maximum effectiveness of training programs; to include online conferencing and webinars.
- Research new products and services to act as training platforms/channels.
- Must stay current on all agencies, state and federal regulations and guidelines.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge in mortgage industry quality, servicing and closing standards.
- Coordinate training through three sources: Mortgage Insurance Companies, GSEs & Government Agencies and conferences.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- 5 – 7 years experience in conventional and government underwriting and Quality Assurance/Quality Control function for the mortgage banking industry. Experience in quality assurance services in an outsourcing/multiple client environment a plus.
- 2+ years mortgage operations experience preferably as a Loan originator, processor, closer or operations manager
- 3+ years of professional training/teaching experience as a Field Trainer, Learning and Development Specialist, Corporate Trainer, Sales Trainer, or a related role instructing adults
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Sales, Education, or related field preferred
- Strong organizational, planning, project management, problem resolution, presentation, facilitation, and influencing skills required
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills with in-depth knowledge of MS office and web based systems
- Excellent writing skills. Ability and experience developing curriculum and training content/materials from industry standards.
- Experience administering and designing computer and web-based training desirable
- High energy, enthusiastic, motivational style of training
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to communicate and work with all levels of employees.