Robins Financial Credit Union (RFCU) began in 1954 and is a member-owned, not-for-profit financial cooperative. Our fundamental responsibility is to actively serve people within our field of membership, and as appropriate, the communities in which they live. We have approximately 185,000 members, 20 locations and assets valued at $2.4 billion.
We provide a professional working environment and rewarding career opportunities along with Employer paid Life Insurance Coverage, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability insurance. Other reasonably priced benefit options are Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Spending Accounts and a 401k Plan with a broad array of investment options. Employees are also offered a generous Paid Time Off (PTO) program.
- Job Summary: The role of the Mortgage Sales Manager is to build, coach, develop, lead and motivate a team that is capable of analyzing clients’ needs while efficiently working the client through the loan origination process. The Mortgage Sales Manager is responsible for knowing and ensuring the Loan Originators are familiar with all Federal and State Regulations and RFCU policies/procedures. The Mortgage Sales Manager is to keep informed of trends and developments in the real estate market and mortgage industry and to develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of products and services as well as knowledge of competitors and competitive products.
Directly Manages Position(s): Mortgage Originators: AVP Mortgage indirectly manages Mortgage Originators
Indirectly Manages Position(s): N/A
Job Education and Experience: Five years of demonstrated mortgage lending experience, three+ years sales management experience
Preferred Education, Certifications & Experience (addition to above): College degree in business or closely related field is preferred
Knowledge and Job Performance Requirements
Advanced knowledge of mortgage lending guidelines and regulations—must have ability to calculate ratios, percentages, and loan payments.
Must have well-developed interpersonal, written, and telephone communication skills
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite programs
Must be eligible to register with Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System & Registry
Provides direction and leadership to Mortgage Origination Team to achieve desired sales and service results
- Develops sales goals and strategies to drive growth and profitability
- Coaches Mortgage Origination Team to effectively sell Robins Financial mortgage products
- Monitors sales goals and makes adjustments to achieve annual volume and service goals
- Works closely with Mortgage Leadership to enhance the mortgage experience for our members.
Oversees day-to-day activities of the Mortgage Origination Team
- Coordinates training for all new team members
- Conducts sales meetings, conference calls, and branch visits according to established Management routine
- Responds to escalated mortgage originations complaints from membership and/or other parties
- Accomplishes staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring and appraising job results; provides proper training, development opportunities, coaching, and counseling; ensures appropriate discipline of staff members according to RFCU policies; conducts scheduled performance reviews in a timely manner.
- Communicates changes to products, pricing, investor requirements, and systems
Collaborates with others to promote mortgage products
- Develop and maintains referral relationships with Realtors, builders/developers, and other industry partners
- Meets with Marketing Department representative on a regular basis and provides strategy and industry content upon request
- Supports Origination staff with Individual Marketing Plans
- Ensures accuracy and functionality of member facing tools (i.e. website and point of sale engine) and communicates opportunities for improvement
Maintains knowledge of mortgage loan competition and industry best practices
- Communicates known competition changes and trends to leaders to aid in maintaining competitive practices and recommends process improvements where appropriate
- Attends management meetings as requested
- Attends conferences, meetings and site visits as requested
- Participates in all mortgage process improvement projects as assigned