This position is primarily responsible for the management of the Bank’s secondary marketing function including investor relationships, lock desk operations, loan sales and hedge position. Manager will also be responsible for Real Estate Department technology and project management.
- Remains current with industry and technology trends. Proposes strategic ideas to management on ways to create efficiencies, stay competitive and increase profitability.
- Is a member of the Real Estate Leadership Team. Attends regular meetings to discuss department strategic direction, staffing support, escalated issues and project statuses.
- Supports department units by managing projects to ensure proper resource allocation, accountability and timely completion.
- Is a point of contact for established and new secondary market investors. Helps manage relationships as well as seeks new relationships fitting Bank needs.
- Oversight of our Funding and Shipping Teams. Ensures loan fundings are done timely and can be an escalation point if needed for exceptions. Supports shipping in ensuring compliance with investor requirements and pended item management.
- Manages the administration of the mortgage loan operating system and on-line mortgage application system. Ensures timely delivery of system changes to the field. Maintains and/or develops system customizations to suit business needs.
- Oversight and management of Mortgage Department SharePoint site.
- Supports management with compiling annual department budgets and profitability management.
- Analysis and reporting of department statistics including but not limited to monthly production, hedge position, turn times, loan characteristics, profitability, etc.
- Works with management on development and ongoing maintenance of mortgage programs and products. Ensures they fit bank appetite, customer needs, are relevant in the marketplace and are profitable.
- Oversight of the Lock Desk. Monitors and manages execution of best effort and mandatory commitment with investors. Ensures daily review of hedge position and accuracy of new/updated locks. Works with management on escalated pricing/program exceptions.
- Manages interest rates and margins by staying current on industry trends and market movements. Makes rate change proposals to Management. Integrates pricing changes into pricing engine, internal rates sheets and hedge software.
- Assists in providing documentation and responses for internal and external audits as well as ongoing investor certifications.
- Assists in preparing monthly Board Report.
- Possesses knowledge of and compliance with all Peoples Bank, Investor, Federal and State regulations and guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Four-year degree in business, finance, operations, or related field, or equivalent experience required.
- Two (2) years management experience with proven leadership skills preferred.
- Finance, lending or project management experience preferred.
- Excellent communication, organization, and interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to understand and work with technology and computer hardware and software systems.
- Ability to work under pressure and within timelines
- Must demonstrate the ability to work with a high degree of acc