We are a mid-west Mortgage Company seeking a motivated, energetic and experienced Servicing Manager to lead our Servicing team, while monitoring and tracking new laws and regulations that relate to mortgage loan servicing.
Essential Job Functions:
• Ensure that needed and necessary changes are implemented to comply with any new or changed laws. Including but not limited to: Fair Debt Collections Practices Act (FDCPA), Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act (FACTA), Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA), Graham Leach Bliley Act (GLBA), state foreclosure laws and state licensing laws for servicing loans
• Will work with third party servicing vendor to ensure that they are in full compliance with all applicable servicing laws and regulations; including monitoring their activities, auditing, office visits, etc.
• Leading, training and coaching of servicing staff
• Making decisions with respect to the Servicing Department and be available as a resource advisor for Management
• Responsible for meeting critical servicing deadlines and communicating with Risk Manager regarding updates and pertinent issues.
• Responsible for attending staff meeting to address issues of concern
• Perform any duties/activities assigned by management. Attend training classes as needed and interact with Compliance for problem resolution, as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or related field, preferred
• 5+ years mortgage experience with emphasis on loan servicing compliance, required
• Must be proficient with Fannie, Freddie, FHA and VA guidelines
• Must have knowledge of mortgage lending consumer protection rules and regulations.
• Must have knowledge of loan payment processing, investor reporting, collections and loss mitigation
ENVIRONMENT: Office environment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, reaching overhead, above the shoulders and horizontally, bending at the waist, climbing kneeling, and stooping for installation of hardware and hearing and speaking to communicate and provide information to others.