Manages strategy execution and directs day-to-day tactical operations of analysts engaged in performing duties relating to developing and implementing First Guaranty Mortgage Corporation’s (FGMC) compliance policies and procedures. The Policy Manager is responsible for supporting the above activities of the company’s compliance management program to ensure compliance with Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, federal, and state requirements relating to residential mortgage lending. In addition, guide compliance team efforts in performing research, compiling data for management reporting, and remediating compliance issues. This position reports directly to the Director of Compliance Policy, Training & Implementation. Occasional travel may be required for this role.
Key Job Functions
- Monitors changes in mortgage lending laws, rules, products, and technologies, assessing and communicating compliance implications and opportunities to impacted business areas.
- Manages activities for developing, reviewing, and documenting FGMC’s compliance policies and guidelines to ensure compliance with internal policies, and federal and state requirements.
- Manages periodic reviews and analyzes existing policies and procedures to determine gaps and areas of improvement to ensure applicability.
- Leads the ongoing evaluation of compliance program effectiveness and identifies opportunities for improvements.
- Manages processes for developing metrics and other quantitative and qualitative criteria to gauge the success of policy initiatives and risk management activities.
- Provides compliance support to IT for loan origination business rule/system enhancement analysis and development, testing, troubleshooting and responsible for system release review and communications.
- Assists with developing business requirements and conducting user acceptance testing needed to implement changes, including software testing of products and controls.
- Consults with technical associates to ensure data and document mapping is compliant with regulatory and process requirements.
- Participates in various business initiatives identifying potential compliance risk and collaborates with business teams on solutions.
- Develops team members and provides ongoing performance feedback, professional guidance and direction, and conducts periodic employee performance assessments.
- Leads other special projects as necessary or participates in projects as a team member.
- 7+ years of related experience in the Mortgage Industry.
- At least 3+ years of experience in managing people and teams.
- Strong knowledge of mortgage regulations and origination processes.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and drive results with a high sense of urgency.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with an ability to anticipate and avert problems.
- Ability to work effectively with internal and external customers to build strong relationships.
- Ability to effectively define, organize, coordinate, and monitor multiple projects and tasks in order to meet established deadlines.
- People management experience including responsibility for performance reviews, coaching, motivating, monitoring workload and other career development activities.
- Experience with managing projects and strategic initiatives.
- Experience in developing an in-depth understanding of all areas assigned and the ability to leverage that knowledge to assist staff in prompt issue resolution and process/control improvements.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated presentation skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Expertise in Ellie Mae Encompass.
- MadCap Flare, RoboHelp or other Single Source Publishing Tool experience desired.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field is a plus, or equivalent experience.
- This position may be eligible for telecommuting.