This position is responsible for managing the daily workflow for the Real Estate Loan Operations Department underwriting division. Other responsibilities include reviewing exceptions and escalations, second reviews and mentoring of underwriting staff.
- Daily management of underwriting staff, including but not limited to scheduling and workload management.
- Underwrites loan files to investor, consumer or portfolio guidelines.
- Provides escalation and exception approval and support.
- Assists Real Estate Underwriting Manager with department projects, audit responses and process enhancements.
- Assists Loan Originators, Processors and Underwriters in research of loan programs.
- Provides mentor support and training to underwriters.
- Manages the review of underwriting test cases for underwriters working to obtain a higher level of underwriting authority.
- Possesses knowledge of and compliance with all Federal and State regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent.
- Three to five years of recent real estate underwriting experience.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Current FHA Direct Endorsement and/or VA SAR preferred.
- Knowledge of FNMA, FHLMC, USDA, FHA/VA and portfolio loan and consumer loan guidelines.
- Experience and proficiency in analyzing risk.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent computer skills with a high degree of accuracy.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Professional and high regard for confidentiality.