About Bank of Arkansas Mortgage:
Bank of Arkansas Mortgage is a division of BOKF, NA, a subsidiary of BOK Financial Corporation; a top 25 U.S. based financial services company. The mortgage division is an approved seller servicer for Freddie Mac, FNMA and GNMA with a $15 billion servicing portfolio. We continue to grow and seek talented mortgage professionals who can accelerate our team’s success.
What makes us different:
• Regional bank feel with national bank products and presence
• We service the loans we originate
• Exceptional local in-market processing and underwriting team
• Corporate advertising
• Product offering includes Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHA, VA, Jumbo, Rural Development, Section 184 and Portfolio Jumbo and 2nd mortgages
• We underwrite to Fannie and Freddie, removing the guesswork on your part
• Competitive fees structure and pricing
• Supportive non-producing regional managers to help you with your day to day needs
• Competitive pay structure
• Entrepreneurial sales culture
• Exemption from state licensing
The Retail Mortgage Loan Officer is primarily responsible for representing a full range of mortgage financing; generates mortgage and development loans through solicitation of individual consumers, groups, real estate brokers and builders/developers. Maintains an active call schedule for purposes of educating targeted business sources regarding the features and benefits of BOK Mortgage financing.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as primary contact with all parties on individual loans originated from application to closing; duties may include:
- Counseling and pre-qualifying potential home buyers
- Completing applications
- Obtaining all necessary support documents along with appropriate fee and lock-in information in compliance with FNMA, FHLMC, VA, FHA, and mortgage lending regulations includes of RESPA, Truth-in-Lending, and HMDA
- Overseeing loan process by monitoring loan status and ensuring conformity with terms
- Obtaining loan documentation prior to closing
- Assisting in collecting additional documents and communicating loan status to all parties
- Establishes and maintains client referral relationships with individuals, groups, Realtors, builders/developers; makes sales calls on potential or existing customers to develop new business or retain existing business.
- Prepares complete loan application package; inputs loan applications, assembles and prints all required documents.
- Communicates daily with loan processors, buyers, realtors, and builders on status of loan files.
- Inputs approval or declination information into computer system; prepares required notices to send to customer if loan denied; informs borrowers, realtors, builders, and closer of status of loans.
- Assists customer via telephone and walk-in customers directly to discuss loan programs and pre-qualifying requirements and procedures.
- Attends open houses, broker open trade fairs, RESAT, Women’s Council, and APMW and other organizational meetings in order to promote mortgage financing.
- Trains new real estate agents and brokers in areas of financing, qualifying buyers, and lending guidelines.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Thorough knowledge of mortgage lending guidelines and regulations (FHA, VA Conventional, FHLMC, FNMA and private investor)
- Ability to perform complex mathematical calculations and to learn complex technical information
- Ability to operate PC and 10 key by touch
- Working knowledge of underwriting criteria
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and oral and written communication skills
This level of knowledge is normally acquired through completion of an Associate’s Degree and 2-3 years related mortgage lending experience.
Click here to apply directly on our career site: http://bit.ly/2DiJjwd