We are currently hiring for a Senior Underwriter to work remotely with our Midwest Underwriting Team.
Candidate will perform all aspects and functions related to analyzing and evaluating loan risk for Conventional, FHA, VA, and USDA loan types. Must have a current DE and VA SAR certification. In addition, candidates should have strong organizational, time management, communication, and accuracy skills with the ability to be flexible and work in a team environment.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Review new loan files to ensure loan meets investor and program criteria and requirements. Minimum goal of 40 files per month while maintaining 24-48 hour turn time, or as set by Underwriting Manager.
- Review loans receiving Automated Underwriting System (AUS) Approval to confirm documentation and eligibility requirements have been met.
- Review loans receiving AUS determinations of Refer or Caution to determine eligibility and documentation for manual underwriting and approval based on the overall credit risk of the loan. Suggests alternative loan programs or structuring of the loan when possible.
- Review appraisal to ensure value is supported and that appraiser has provided a complete and accurate report. Thorough knowledge of FNMA, FHLMC, FHA, VA and USDA appraisal requirements.
- Review Title to verify ownership, lien, title history, property taxes, and compliance with lender requirements.
- Issues credit decision based on documentation evaluation, underwriting review, and program eligibility.
- Sends and/or calls out (depending on branch preference) credit decision with all appropriate conditions. Calls branch to discuss possible loan suspense or denial prior to issuance of final determination.
- Timely response to PFQC and Post Close findings.
- Ensures and enforces Fair Lending practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Job Skills:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience underwriting Conventional, FHA, VA and USDA loans.
- Must have currently active FHA, DE and VA SAR certifications and maintain those certifications on an ongoing basis.
- Experience with DU, LP, Total Scorecard and Outlook. Encompass experience a plus.
- Must be able and willing to work in a team environment.
- Ability to handle high volume and consistently meet productivity standards.
- Thorough knowledge of Agency/Investor, HUD, VA and USDA guidelines.
- Ability to handle confidential material in a professional and ethical manner.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Time management and organizational skills to effectively prioritize multiple tasks and achieve production focused goal.s
- Strong interpersonal skills to build and maintain professional relationships.
- Ability to work under tight timelines.
- Ability to work independently and be a team player.
- Must be proactive and reliable.
Position can be tailored for in office (where available) or remote from home. Requires occasional travel for training and meetings. Overtime as needed and approved by management.
- Must be able to use a computer with multiple monitors
- Verbally communicate
We offer a comprehensive benefit package including; medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k, and paid time off. Compensation based on experience. This is a full-time position with growth potential in an expanding company.