The following Privacy Statement is part of the terms and conditions for using www.lendernews.com (the Website). By providing information on this site, users are accepting the practices described in the Privacy Statement. This agreement applies only to information that you provide to Lender News, Inc. (LenderNews) through this Website. It does not apply to information provided by users through any other communication method, including email correspondence, telephone calls or in-person meetings.
Users are not obligated to reveal personal information while browsing this Website. LenderNews only collects personal information that is provided voluntarily by the user. Some areas of the Website, primarily those restricted to mortgage lender and/or vendor customers (“Customers”) and authorized users (“Users”), may require submission of personal information in order for the page to be utilized for its intended purpose (i.e. form submission, account management, etc.).
LenderNews does not collect personally identifying information about the user except when that information is specifically and knowingly provided by the User. Parts of the Website may use “cookies” to enhance site functionality and the experience of the User. A “cookie” is a small file stored locally on the computer used to access a customer account, and contains information relating to a Customer’s past use of the Website. These cookies can be easily erased using your computer’s preference settings.
LenderNews may ask Users to provide certain personal information in order to access specific areas of the Website, to request additional information or to request services. In those instances, the following may apply:
1. Registration Information – LenderNews may require Customers and Users to provide certain information, including name, company, title, email address, phone number, and mailing address, which LenderNews will use to verify that a Customer or User meets the minimum criteria for accessing services through the Website. Contact information and other Customer-specific information will only be used by LenderNews internally for the purposes of operating the Website, as well as to communicate with Customers. Customer-specific information is available to other Customers only in unique cases wherein a Customer expressly grants permission for the sharing of his information, i.e. as per newsletter service or service inquiries.
2. Employment History and Opportunity Information – Information relating to Users personal and employment history, such as contact information, job history, file upload and document transfer will used by LenderNews solely for the purpose of delivering employment and/or job information as requested by the Customer. Uploaded resume documents will be shared only be disclosed to registered employers or as otherwise required by contract, law or regulation. Information relating to Customers employment opportunities will be used by LenderNews to market and display employment opportunities on the Website as defined by the Customer.
3. Technical and Usage Information – To successfully manage the Website, enhance its functionality and ensure that activities and communications performed by customers are convenient, dependable and secure, LenderNews may collect, store and use technical and Website usage information relating to a Customer’s or User’s activities while on the Website. Such information includes the Internet Protocol (IP) address from which a Customer or User accesses the Website, which is used only internally by LenderNews as required for server operation and other technical uses. This information is not disclosed to Customers or third parties.
LenderNews may internally use the information furnished by the User to offer better service, analyze trends, administer the Website, track users movements, and gather demographic information. LenderNews reserves the right to use non-personal aggregated information (such as cumulative user demographics) for other business purposes.
LenderNews, through the Website, may provide links to sites maintained by third parties (“Third Party Sites”). LenderNews is not responsible for the content, functionality, accessibility, privacy policies or other practices of such Third Party Sites.
LenderNews takes precautions to protect the information of its Users and Customers who choose to access the Website. It takes technical, administrative and physical steps to protect against unauthorized access to information collected through the Website. All such information is handled within the LenderNews organization and is not disclosed to third parties except as indicated in this Privacy Statement. As communication technology evolves, LenderNews may review and revise its data protection practices without notice.
If LenderNews is sold or disposed of, whether by sale of assets, merger or otherwise, any data collected by LenderNews through the Website or personal information that has been voluntarily provided by website users to LenderNews may be furnished to the purchaser or successor in interest.
LenderNews reserves the right to disclose any information if such action is necessary (i) to conform to the requirements of law or to comply with legal process or subpoena served on LenderNews, (ii) to protect and defend the legal rights or property of LenderNews, the Website or its Customers, or (iii) in the event of an emergency, to protect the health and safety of its Customers or the general public. LenderNews further reserves the right to release any information concerning any customer if that Customer participates (or is reasonably suspected of participating) in any illegal activity, even without a subpoena, warrant, or other court order. Finally, LenderNews reserves the right to cooperate with law enforcement agencies in identifying those who may be using our website, servers, or anything available through the Website for illegal activities, and to report any suspected illegal activity to law enforcement agencies for investigation or prosecution.
LenderNews reserves the right to amend and adjust this Privacy Statement as need warrants. Any changes to this Privacy Statement made by LenderNews will be posted here, and will become effective immediately thereafter. Use and access of this Website after such posting shall be deemed acceptance by the user of the revised Privacy Statement.
If you have questions or concerns about the application of this Privacy Statement, or if you would like to inform LenderNews about changes in your personal information (such as your address), you may contact us by email at Webmaster .
Revised: February 2013
- Mar. 22: Servicing, fee collection, underwriting, and licensing tools; customer service study; upcoming events & training - March 22, 2022
- Mar. 30: At $8,600 per loan, now what? Letters on capacity, LO comp, offshoring/outsourcing - March 30, 2019
- Mar. 29: AE, LO jobs; investor wanted; warehouse, broker products; Banc of Cal exit; coast to coast training & events - March 29, 2019